Thursday, August 6, 2009

Shady Business

I know how hard Hiram works for our money, so I really try to limit my spending. I've learned how to save a bundle on groceries by couponing; I pass on most impulse purchases; I try to go without, etc. Anyway, I guess Hiram appreciates my efforts. From time to time, he'll take a 10, or a 20, or whatever he has out of his wallet and say, "Here." I like these times. Well, a few weeks ago, as I was getting ready to go down to St. George for a family reunion, he drops like seventy bucks in my lap. I was, of course, ecstatic, but at the same time, I couldn't help being a little suspicious. I began questioning him about why he was giving me this much money, and where it came from, and so on. He just kept telling me, "Don't worry about it"...which only made me worry.=) I continued to question him until finally he said, "I'll tell you what-- I'll give you 10 more dollars if you don't ask me another question." Well, I took the 10 more dollars, so now I guess we'll never know what shady business my husband had gotten himself into.

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh Ashley I loved this story and laughed and laughed. I sure like that Hirum of yours. I even read this to Mike (after prefacing it with, "want me to read you something funny . . . even though it will make you veeeerry nervous?").

I'm just glad he didn't sell his watch to get the money . . . only to have you spend the money in St. George on a shiny new watch chain for him!

Perla said...

hahaha! awesome! no post for a long time. i've missed them. but thank goodness you saved this story for your posterity.

Mugsy said...

hee hee that is so cool...I wish Josh would do that

Perla said...

thanks for the comment on my blog, ash. i can just send you a little form to fill out. you are so generous. i know that you and hiram are working so hard for your own little family and it makes me cry that you want to continue to help your kids in haiti. i love you!