
So, you know how in Relief Society these days they have a "Good News Minute" to give anyone who wants to the opportunity to share any random bit of good news? Well, since pretty much the day Israel was born, I have been just waiting and longing for the day when I could raise my hand and then announce ecstatically to everyone present that he was sleeping through the night. Well, ladies, today was that day. It is official! Israel (or Israeli for short if you're Kristen) is sleeping through the night!!! (And by sleeping through the night, I mean that he goes to bed around nine and doesn't wake up to be nursed til about six.) Finally. I'm nearly overjoyed......so, I guess just joyed? Oh happy day, well night really. It is good to get sleep. This last week was full of other baby developments. Israel has started to "real" crawl, pull himself to standing, and climb stairs and has just gotten his sixth tooth. Here are a few pictures of our precious little babe.





I just want to say so everyone knows-- I LOVE being a mom...more than anything in the world. Sometimes I get so frustrated at Israel I scream, but it is AWESOME. I was watching a movie yesterday, not paying any real attention to Israel, when I felt him grabbing at my leg and clothes, pulling himself up to standing. I looked down at him standing there with his tiny little hand on my knee and a big toothy grin and his big, blues eyes that are just so beautiful and pure, and I just fell in love with him all over again, for like the millionth time. What a miracle my son is. How very, very grateful I am to have him in my life and to have the opportunity to be his mother and to raise him and to have him call me "Mom". Wow, I'm a mom! I can't wait to have another baby-- just anxiously awaiting my period to start trying again.
6 comments:
I love that you are "joyed" and I love Israeli standing by that jar in those overalls -- he just looks so . . . I don't know . . . robust? I'm so happy you are so happy being a mom. Think how much fun you are going to be having when Israel has doubled his tiny life to 16 months and he's running around and even saying cute tiny words to you!! You will be so so happy!!
P.S. I love that you did a good news minute. It might have to become a regular feature on my own blog because being in primary I get totally robbed of ever sharing a good news minute! But I guess I can understand because if they did it in primary it would turn into good news hour with 100 kids telling how they went to the park and how they had a birthday and a bunch of other odd stuff that could hardly be classified as good news at all.
thanks for the good news minute. i'm glad they added that to relief society. and thanks for the update on iz. he looks so good! what a sweet boy. i just love him. and i love you. and i love that you love being a mom. it all makes me happy happy happy.
i wonder if miles will ever sleep through the night. luckily i am not going too crazy yet, although it would certainly be nice.
he looks a lot like ethan in that pic of him standing by the gargantuan jar. i never have thought that before.
What an absolutely beautiful boy! He does have amazing eyes! I know what you mean about falling in love all over again. I still have those moments with Ava! It is the best kind of falling in love, I think. They are truly gifts...and bring the greatest joys!
O and you are such a wondeful little mom! I am very impressed with you. O and sleep! YEAH!!! Also he looked a little like Ethan to me in the pick where he is standing up in overalls. Well love you and your ebautifu;l little man!
Wow! He has gotten so big! Congrats on getting him to sleep through the night! I'm glad you're enjoying being a mom. It really is nice when they come to you, tug on you and give you smiles and hugs.
Post a Comment