Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Beach Day

This was Israel's first trip to the beach. We spent much more time looking at the water than actually being in it. Israel does not care for cold water and was quite terrified by the waves.

He didn't care at all for the sand either...at first. Fortunately he warmed up to it before long and soon got to really love digging in it and throwing it. I had to scrape about a pound of sand out of his scalp with a comb later that night.

I like the way this picture turned out.


We spent a good deal of time in the sun, so to ensure he didn't get burned, I tried draping this towel around Is. He thought it was a fun game.

We can't wait for another sunny day so we can go back to the beach!

5 comments:

Perla said...

wow! that is beautiful! what a fun adventure to be in the lovelock sage brush and then on that gorgeous beach. i hope you're having a fabulous time in oky

Nancy said...

LOOK AT YOUR HAIR in that top picture. What a vision. And, you didn't even say in this post anything like, "Yah, I'm at the beach IN OKINOWA" -- ah, crap, I probably just spelled that wrong. But, what adventure for you and I still want to know how all the crazy flying went!

Ila said...

Wow...what a beautiful beach! And what a beautiful boy! His hair looks like it is filling in quite nicely...or is it the sand? :) His reaction looks very similar to Kate's. Glad to see you made it on the flight!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a cute, cute boy! I am always shocked by the amount of sand in the DIAPERS after being at the beach. I hope you guys are having so much fun with Mom! And tell her we got the other package today, and Ellie was just in HEAVEN over the things you guys sent--she kept saying, "I LOVE her!" about her Grandma.

Ben & Caren Moon said...

Ash it looks like you guys are having so much fun with your parents. I bet they are just loving you guys being there too. Israel is so darn cute! The ocean is gorgeous. I'm so jealous. Enjoy it as much as possible. I miss you guys.:)