
For the past almost two months, we have not had the use of our kitchen table because it was turned into my craft table. While my mom was here, I thought it would be cool to learn to quilt, so we picked out a pattern and bought supplies and got started. We accidentally bought enough fabric to make two (I know that sounds strange--there is an explanation, but it turns out its pretty long and boring), so we put one mostly together while she was here (I still need to decide what I want to do inside the big white rectangles and actually quilt it), and I have been working on putting the second one together on my own since she left. It has probably taken me longer than it should, but when I have any free time, I feel like I have to do a little of everything. I watch TV for a minute, maybe work on my puzzle for five minutes, read a chapter of a book, possibly play a few games on my husband's ITouch, fold some clothes, check out everyone's blogs, digitally scrapbook for a bit, do my hair, etc. Anyway, here is the mostly finished quilt with a matching pillowtop. I'm quite pleased.

8 comments:
Oh for heaven's sakes is all I can say. Truly truly you are dreamy -- and here I am NOT using that word as loosely as I was when I was saying things like, "dreamy if you could rsvp for me" but really. How lucky Hirum is and all of us and just the world in general that there is Ashley who so nonchalantly takes care of things for poor old aunts who need help and is so beautiful and sings and and now makes QUILTS!!! Oh and hte list can go on and on. Do you just feel super luky to be as cool as you are?? You should. And I loved the image of you having to quickly do a little of every possible thing whilst baby sleeps -- tv, blogs, books, hair (oh and I think it kind of makes you EXTRA cool that you are working on a puzzle . . . even if I might make fun of you for it).
Make fun all you want, Nan. Doing puzzles exercises your brain. Ever wonder how I got to be so smart? Think about it.
Oh, how lovely. It is turning out so good.
That is SO beautiful! what are going to put in the rectangles? i love the fabrics. nice work. and i love hearing how you feel like you have to do a little of everything whenever you have some time to yourself. life is different as a mom, huh?
and way to exercise your brain with the puzzles. hehe.
I am so so in love with that quilt. I now am wanting to go buy me some material..
Way cute AND I am so glad that you are finding time for the more important things in life (ie. doing a little bit of your puzzle). What are you 80?
Ashley I am so proud of you for learning a new skill. When I was getting married your mom spent hours quilting for me. At one point I sat down to help her but when she saw my horrible, big, uneven stitches it about killed her so she gave me another job to do and later I discovered that she had redone my three inch section. Sure loved hangin with you this past week. You are just the best to be around. Love ya
P.S. I love puzzles and my favorite right now is the daily crossword in the Standard. Try it and you will be hooked. Usually Beau sits down with me and sometimes Alan will join. Great fun and I love jigsaws also!
Post a Comment