
Last spring I was subbing for an elementary class (maybe 2nd or 3rd grade) in which the little girls in the class took a real quick liking to me-- I received quite a few notes throughout the day telling me that I was "nice" and other such sweet things. One girl in particular became very fond of me and presented me with a beautiful picture with cutout flowers that she'd put some real effort into. I was later approached by this same student and asked if I was going to be leaving a good note about her for the teacher. She had a legitimate concern, you see, because sweet and loving as she was, she was also a great talker and had received many warnings. I told her honestly that I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do that at which point she gently reminded me that she had given me a beautiful picture that she'd spent two recesses working on.
As much as I dread subbing for elementary because it takes so much dang hard work and patience, I do enjoy the little notes and pictures and hugs. Kids are great, and they do usually seem to really like me. There was this one time, though, when I had a girl come up to me and tell me, "Mrs. Knight, so-and-so just said you were mean. She said you were mean...and ugly." So, I guess you can't win them all.
5 comments:
WHAT!!?? First of all this is only stories from the past and very infrequent at that and suddenly, today, we are blessed with not one but TWO stories of the present!!?? This is too too good to be true . . . and that girl that said you were mean, she better watch her back over the next while.
P.S. I just noticed that Hiram was only 12 years old when you married him. For shame.
oh hurray, i'm so glad you are doing some more blogging, finally. that is a sweet pic. very entertaining post. and no, you can't win them all. :)
I think you can win them all and I think you of all people SHOULD get to win them all. (I don't even know what that means.) But I was happy to see you had a blog and as of this day I too am going to start writing down more of my spiritual experiences. You have inspired me.
Hah hah I am so laughing i remember you telling me this story but I never saw the actual pick. So is there a particular reason a rain cloud is fallowing you?
Post a Comment